Rice with Spinach and Feta Cheese Recipe
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped finely
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-1/2 (10-ounce) packages fresh baby spinach leaves(remove any large
stems), very coarsely chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup crumbled Feta Cheese
- Salt and fresh-ground black pepper, to taste
- In a nonreactive large heavy saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions and garlic and cook, stirring, about 5 minutes or until
- Add the rice and stir about 2 minutes or until the rice is translucent.
- Carefully add the chicken broth.
- Stir to mix well and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and cook about 15 minutes or until the rice
is almost tender.
- Stir in the spinach, cover and cook another 8 minutes, or until all the
liquid has been absorbed.
- Mix in the tomatoes and the Feta cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.